Stimulus- Watch or read the following story.
Allow the children time to draw their thoughts about the stimulus.
Ask them to draw an idea that illustrates whether they think the robbers were good or bad.
Next, ask the children to move to a label marked GOOD or one marked BAD.
Allow time for children to explain their reasons briefly to others in that group.
Bring the children back to the Inquiry circle and as a Community of Inquiry explore further.
Ensure children build upon these reasons developing questions and challenging thinking.
Pushing for deeper thinking
- Is it ever OK to steal?
- Were the robbers right to steal Tiffany?
- Were the baddies still bad when they did good deeds?
- Should the robbers be punished?
- Can you be good and bad at the same time?
- Did the children have free choice?
- Does it matter if they were happy?